Friday, January 16, 2009

Learning PHP / MySQL the easy way

Found this book on Amazon: Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP and MySQL.

Looks pretty useful. A review reads as follows:

Before I read this book I knew very little about PHP and MySQL. I had dabbled a little in ASP many years ago but foremost I'm a designer so coding isn't always second nature to me. I started reading this book on the train to work and again on the way back; after 2 hours reading I had the confidence to try to build my own basic content management system!

At just over 250 pages the book is rather on the small side compared to a lot of the other books on the topic, but it really does contain all the essentials. It also encourages you to think for yourself and it really helped me understand how simple PHP and MySQL really is.

This book is very much aimed at the beginner who hasn't dabbled before so I doubt it's of much use to established PHPers, but to newcomers to the field I can't recommend this book enough.

Check it out below...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home